Welcome to Two-Minute Tuesday, where I share quick tips, tidbits, and ideas.
Today's overall post is longer, but each idea should only take you a few minutes, hence the inclusion in Two-Minute Tuesday. :)
This Sunday is Mother's Day...eek, that's only 5 days away! On top of that, this week is also Teacher Appreciation Week! Have you found the perfect gifts yet? If you're a procrastinator like a lot of us, you may still be needing a gift for the special mom or teacher in your life. Well you're in luck, because today I have some quick and easy ideas for you that moms and teachers are sure to love. You don't have to be crafty to put together these DIY gifts. They won't take you long at all to assemble, but they're still thoughtful and show you care. Moms and teachers deserve that, right?
For Moms or Teachers
1. Epsom salts, some bath wash, and some lotion in her favorite scent so Mom/teacher can enjoy a relaxing bath. Wrap up the epsom salt in some pretty tulle or a nice jar, tie a ribbon around the bath wash and lotion, and you have a thoughtful gift for a hardworking mom/teacher who needs a break (hint, hint: that's every one of them!)
2. A few jars of nail polish and a pretty nail file can make a fun and easy gift. Go the extra mile and throw in an orange stick and some cuticle oil so she can have an at-home mani-pedi.
3. A pretty new mug with some packets of her preferred hot beverage--her favorite tea, coffee, or hot chocolate. Better yet, write a thoughtful note on the mug using Sharpie Oil-Based Paint Markers and baking at 350° for 30 minutes. (Be sure not to use regular Sharpies if you want it to be permanent).
4. Frame a picture of Mom and her kids/grandkids. Or, follow this easy tutorial to use Mod Podge to attach a print to a canvas. Simple and heartfelt.
5. A subscription to Kiwi Crate would be a unique idea for the mom with young kids or grandkids. Aren't familiar with Kiwi Crate? It's an award-winning monthly subscription service that provides all the hands-on materials to inspire creative, educational fun. Each crate has a fun theme like music, color, robots, or safari, and delivers everything needed for unique activities that Mom and kids can enjoy together. See sample crates here. Even better: now through May 12th save 40% off your new Kiwi Crate subscription with the code HEARTMOM!
Does the mom in your life have a special hobby? Get her something to go with it.
6. Some new paintbrushes and paints for the artsy mom
7. Pretty yarn for the knitting/crocheting mom. Trust me, any mom who knits or crochets can't resist some luscious new yarn!
8. Gardening gloves and flower seeds packed in a flower pot for the mom with a green thumb
9. Measuring cups or other cooking utensils for the mom who loves to bake
10. A Craftsy class for the mom who wants to be crafty, or just wants to improve or learn a new skill. I have taken a couple of these classes and they are excellent. I can't recommend them enough. With the purchase of the course, you get unlimited access to the videos, so Mom could go back and revisit them 3 years from now if she needed a refresher after the course.
11. New colored pens! Teachers love colored pens, and they are always getting lost or running out of ink.
12. Office supplies.Schools typically provide tape and staples, but there are numerous things teachers provide from their own pockets. Think Post-it notes, stickers, paper clips, binder clips, Sharpies, blank stationery, thank you notes, etc. New office supplies are like candy to teachers. Speaking of candy...
13. Chocolate. This may seem over-done, but it's not. Every teacher I know has a chocolate stash in their classroom to get them through those rough days.
14. New books for the classroom. When I get a new story book to share with my students, it's like Christmas to me.
15. A gift card to a teacher supply store. Yeah, I know it's not original, but trust me, these are much used and appreciated!
Whatever you decide to get the moms and teachers in your life, just make sure it is from the heart and they will love it.
Leave a comment and tell me a special memory about your mom or favorite teacher!
Linking up with the Wednesday Roundup.
If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my email list and follow me on social media; the buttons are at the top-right corner of my blog. Thank you!